Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Small, small Big World

This weekend, on the last day of shooting the Bishop Sargent movie that I have been working on in Tirunelveli, India, I accidentally knocked this hymnal book off of a desk. My friend, Handel, the cameraman, picked it up and happened to look inside.



This is what we saw....


Apparently, Caroline, Handel's mother and the director, had gotten this hymnal book for their congregation from a shipment of books from America that came in through Chennai.

I don't think I have to tell you that the odds of this are beyond comprehension that this is the town that I graduated from high school in to see in a town in southern India halfway across the globe on a film that I was working on by chance.

Stranger than fiction...

No comments:

Post a Comment